How are the engagement categories defined?
- Engaged: Goes above and beyond to see the organization succeed, ties personal success directly to that of organization. Highly loyal and emotionally committed to the organization.
- Content: Solid contributors, satisfied with their jobs and the organization. Lacking emotional commitment to organization.
- Ambivalent: Would leave if presented with a better offer. Sees job as paycheck more than anything else.
- Disengaged: Least satisfied with their job and organization, tends to be most vocal, actively detracts from quality of workplace for peers.
What is the engagement index?
This is the mean performance on the four engagement index questions. This is a number between 1 and 6, mapped to the six response options for each questions. The engagement index provides one all-encompassing engagement value.
What determines strengths and opportunities?
The list of top strengths and top improvement opportunities is generated using an algorithm that considers:
1) The population’s performance relative to the relevant national benchmark
2) The relative impact that each driver has on engagement
What is a top impact driver?
A top impact driver is one of the 20 drivers proven to have an outsized impact in driving engagement. Focusing on a top impact driver is likely to give you a bigger “bang for your buck” when trying to increase engagement.